Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal Water Garden
Our visit takes us to the resplendent Abbey and Water Gardens in Fountain, North Yorkshire. This site of cultural importance was granted UNESCO World Heritage status in 1986.
Your journey begins as you are welcomed aboard the Northern Belle Vintage train by your liveried steward.
Settle in and relax over a delicious brunch with a sparkling Bellini as the train makes its way to Harrogate, one of North Yorkshire's most elegant cities.
On arrival at the train station you board a coach for the short journey to Fountain. Here you are at leisure to explore the country’s largest monastic ruins and the awe inspiring Georgian gardens that surround it. Ornamental lakes, temples, cascading waterfalls and canals delight visitors from all around the world. Enjoy the many delights this National Trust property has to offer including the Temple of Piety and the “Surprise view” often called “Anne Boleyns Seat” which offers astonishing views of the Abbey and surrounding gardens.
At the end of your inspiring visit, rejoin the coach for the journey back to the station, where the train is waiting to take you home.
Enjoy a chilled glass of champagne as you settle back into your seat, followed by canapes, a sumptuous five-course dinner with fine wine to round off a perfect day.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Visit to Fountains Abbey, including coach transfers, admission and tour
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Sat 28 Apr 2018||Kidderminster Station||7:00||23:30|
|Sat 28 Apr 2018||Birmingham International||7:45||22:45|
|Sat 28 Apr 2018||Derby Station||8:30||21:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.