Northern Belle Limited, together with our holding company and affiliates, respect the privacy of every individual who visits/uses any of our websites.
- Information we collect
- Use of information
- Sharing information
- Your rights
- Data transfers
- How we protect your information
- How long we keep information for
- Links to other websites
- How to contact us
1. Information we collectInformation you provide on a voluntary basis
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites;
- filling in a physical registration card;
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g., in the context of making a reservation);
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our good or services including Northern Belle Gift Vouchers.);
- participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or
- contributing content to us (e.g., for display on a Northern Belle blog).
- The types of information we may obtain include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality;
- details of food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us;
- passport and visa information, payment information, travel history and details of joint travellers;
- dates of your stay or travel with us and associated charges;
- purchase or delivery of products or services;
- reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services;
- information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements.
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) unless it is volunteered by you.
We may use medical or other sensitive data provided by you to better serve and meet your needs (but under no circumstances will we process any sensitive data for marketing and/or profiling purposes). Such sensitive information is not shared with any person or body not associated with Northern Belle Ltd. The material or information provided will only be used by members of Northern Belle or our third party service providers (acting as data processors) for the purpose of providing the services you request. By making such special requests or notifying us of such preferences, you agree to us sharing your information in this way.
Personal information we collect automatically
When you visit the Northern Belle website, we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
- Date and time;
- Originating IP address;
- Domain name;
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser);
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser);
- Object requested;
- Completion status of the request;
- Geographic location; or
- Language preferences.
2. Use of informationTypically, we will use and process your information to:
- help us create content that is relevant to our visitors;
- make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business;
- provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors;
- manage general record keeping;
- enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites;
- enable you to make reservations, buy Northern Belle gift vouchers and payments;
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- provide the products or services you request from us; and
- improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
The processing of your personal information for:
- marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by Northern Belle Limited and their data controller. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability to stay with us or benefit from the requested services;
- all purposes concerning your booking, your stay and to provide you with the services you have requested, is managed by Northern Belle Limited and their data controller as joint controllers. Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary however, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services.
We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. Sharing information
We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
4. Your rights
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to the information we hold about you, update, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances you may object to our use of your information.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by (i) checking the applicable box(es) on any form used to collect information from individuals, or (ii) clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive, or (iii) otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes, or (iv) via the Northern Belle on-line e-mail preference centre.
Pursuant to California's "Shine the Light Act", California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at:
Northern Belle Limited
2/3b Chapel Court,
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.
5. Data transfers
By submitting your information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
6. How we protect your information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Services providers and contractors who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, provide adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
7. How long we keep information for
Northern Belle Ltd only retains your information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless otherwise provided by law.
8. Links to other websites
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent that any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
The cookies we use on our websites, where you have accepted their use, are:
|ARPT||Ensures that the user stays on the same server throughout their visit, ensuring consistent functionality throughout a visit. This cookie is destroyed at the end of the user’s visit|
|JSESSIONID||Ensures that the user’s session is maintained and works in conjunction with ARRPT to ensure consistent functionality throughout a visit. This cookie is destroyed at the end of the user’s visit|
|sifrFetch||Allows use of flash to improve display of text (if the user's browser supports it). This cookie is destroyed at the end of the user’s visit|
|These three cookies allow us to keep track of the users' geographic location and language preferences in order to display them relevant targeted and localised content as applicable.|
|These cookies allow us to identify which of our marketing campaigns or internal promotions a user has been directed from/measure the effectiveness of campaigns/promotions.|
|These cookies allow us to identify the user and customise their experience. They also allow us to pre-populate fields in tables with your data, assisting with form entry.|
In addition, the following are the third party cookies in use, where you have accepted their use (which are each subject to their own privacy and cookie policies):
|Third Party Cookie||Function|
|Facebook Custom Audience||Allows Northern Belle to create an audience using data held by Facebook to deliver interst-based advertising https://www.facebook.com/policy.php|
i. by continuing to use the website you consent to their use; or
ii. you must click an “I accept” box in order for cookies to be placed.
11. How to contact us
Northern Belle Limited
2/3b Chapel Court,