Edinburgh Royal Yacht Britannia
Join the Northern Belle luxury train for a majestic excursion to Edinburgh and the Royal Yacht Britannia, the former floating palace of HM The Queen.
Take your seat ready for a fine dining experience on the outward journey to Edinburgh. Liveried stewards serve a delicious brunch at your table, which is set with immaculate white linen and sparkling glassware.
Relax and enjoy the journey to the Scottish capital, gazing at the changing scenery through your large picture window.
On arrival at Waverley Station, transfer to Ocean Terminal, Leith, where Royal Yacht Britannia is berthed. Berthed at Leith ever since it was decommissioned in 1997, the Royal Family’s beloved yacht was a place where they enjoyed many happy holidays.
Today it is one of Scotland’s most popular attractions. Start the tour at the Visitor Centre, learning about the yacht’s rich history. Then tour the five main decks with the help of an audio guide. Highlights include the luxurious State Apartments, royal sleeping quarters and personal photographs of the monarch and her family.
Also make sure to visit the Bridge and the gleaming Engine Room. After touring the magnificent ship you will have some free time to explore Edinburgh.
Return to the train after your fascinating day for a champagne reception.
The highlights continue with a sublime five-course dinner, served with our sommeliers’ selection of house wine on the return journey.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Guided coach transfers
- Visit to the Royal Yacht with tour and admission
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 24 Aug 2018||Manchester Victoria Station||7:00||23:30|
|Fri 24 Aug 2018||Leeds Station||9:00||22:00|
|Fri 24 Aug 2018||York Station||9:30||21:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.