Edinburgh at Leisure
Arrive in style at Scotland’s capital city—a treasure trove of art, culture and history.
Your day begins as you step aboard the Northern Belle luxury train. Sit back in your plush armchair and celebrate Britain’s glorious railway heritage.
Within moments you’ll be sipping a sparkling Bellini as you savour a delicious brunch. The journey to Edinburgh whisks you through the beautiful countryside of Northern England and the Scottish border lands.
Take the opportunity to chat to your fellow travellers and plan your afternoon in Edinburgh. The city, famed for its stunning Georgian architecture, boasts a wide array of attractions. Visit the imposing castle, one of the many museums, or simply browse through the countless shops, cafes and restaurants.
Return to the Northern Belle after a memorable afternoon at leisure to a glass of chilled champagne. Look forward to a sumptuous four-course dinner, replete with fine wine, as you journey home.
Relax in your vintage carriage as the liveried stewards take care of your every need. Take a stroll through the train and admire the unique vintage details that make each carriage truly unique.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Free time to explore Edinburgh
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple.
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Edinburgh’s dramatic history and legacy of cultural and artistic influence make it a sightseer’s paradise. For many visitors the first port of call is Edinburgh Castle, perched on a hill and dominating the city’s skyline. Here you can learn about the castle’s pivotal role in Scotland’s military history and its many famous former occupants. Other popular hotspots include the spectacular Royal Yacht Britannia and the evocative Real Mary King’s Close. There is also an abundance of great shops, fine restaurants and spirited pubs to while away the afternoon.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 6 Jul 2018||Birmingham International||5:30||23:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.