Brunel's SS Great Britain & River Cruise
Join the Northern Belle luxury train for a fascinating journey to one of the great wonders of the Victorian Industrial Revolution.
Your destination is Bristol and Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s SS Great Britain, the first iron-hulled, propeller-driven steamship to cross the Atlantic.
On the outward journey, settle into your lavish seat and look forward to a delicious brunch. Liveried stewards serve each course at your elegant table, set with pristine white linen, bespoke china and sparkling glassware.
Admire handcrafted details, such as murals and mosaics, which conjure up the sumptuous feel of the 1930s “Belle” trains. Marvel at the ever-changing views through your picture window as the train makes its way to the West Country.
On arrival in Bristol you’ll meet your guide and transfer by coach to the SS Great Britain, in the city’s historic harbour. Here you enjoy a fascinating tour of the ship and museum.
After your visit, return to the train for a champagne reception. Look forward to an amazing four-course dinner with wines handpicked by our sommelier.
Sip your champagne, reflect on the day and chat with your fellow passengers. Few things are as quintessentially British as a day trip by rail.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Visit to the SS Great Britain, including coach transfers, admission and tour
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
SS GREAT BRITAIN
Hailed as “the ship that changed the world”, Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s steamship was a triumph of 19th-century engineering. At its launch in 1843 it was the largest ship in the world. It was also the first screw-propelled, ocean-going, iron-hulled steamship, representing a revolution in shipping. Today you can explore every deck, where recreated scenes give a sense of what life was like on board. From the luxury First Class cabins to the kitchens and the surgeon’s operating room, each step brings a new fascinating insight.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 18 May 2018||Liverpool Lime Street Station||6:30||23:30|
|Fri 18 May 2018||Warrington Bank Quay Station||7:00||23:00|
|Fri 18 May 2018||Crewe Station||7:45||22:15|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact email@example.com for group pricing.