Berwick & The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
Leave the mainland behind and skip across the sea to the serenity of the beautiful Holy Island of Lindisfarne.
The adventure begins as you step aboard the elegant carriage and are escorted to your plush seat by an attentive steward. Your table is set with pristine white linen, bespoke silverware and sparkling glassware, ready for a fine dining experience.
A sparkling Bellini cocktail is served, followed by a three-course brunch. As you relax and enjoy the journey, take time to admire the exquisite details of your carriage, whose opulent furnishings and craftsmanship evoke the glamour of 1930s “Belle” trains.
Absorb the views through your window as the train makes its way north to Northumberland. Enjoy the coastal vistas and ever changing scenery on this spectacular rail journey along the East Coast Mainline.
On arrival in Berwick our guides await to take you on the short journey across to the Holy Islands; a spiritual place steeped in history and intrigue. A highlight of our walking tour is a visit to the Priory where you may follow in the footsteps of the ancient Monks that first settled here in 635AD. Marvel at the Rainbow arch, explore the dramatic ruins and be sure to try a Lindisfarne mead brewed at the St Aidens Winery.
The island is not only popular with human visitors but attracts a vast and varied array of wildlife including pale bellied geese, widgeons, plovers and even grey seals. This really is a magical and mystical place.
After your afternoon’s sightseeing return to the train for a champagne reception on board and settle back into your seat. The highlight of your journey home is a gastronomic four-course dinner, accompanied by our sommelier’s selection of wine. Savour each seasonal speciality as you reflect on the day’s discoveries with your companions.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Guided visit to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, including coach transfers, admission and tour
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Manchester Victoria Station||7:00||22:00|
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Huddersfield Station||7:30||21:30|
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Leeds Station||8:30||20:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact email@example.com for group pricing.