Muncaster Castle & Gardens, Lake District
Today’s adventure takes you to Muncaster Castle and Gardens set in the pretty coastal village of Ravenglass in the Lake District National Park.
Your journey begins as your steward welcomes you aboard the Northern Belle to your comfortable armchair seat. Elegant tables laid with starched tablecloths, uniquely branded silverware and highly polished glasses complement the luxurious carriages.
Fine dining is a highlight of every journey and, once you have settled in, a delicious brunch with a Bellini is served as you travel towards Ravenglass. In the care of your steward, sit back and relax in the convivial atmosphere, enjoying the views from your window. On the Northern Belle, the journey is as exciting as the destination.
On arrival at Ravenglass Station, our guides are waiting to take you on a short coach journey to Muncaster Castle. The castle’s idyllic setting, with views of the Western Lake District and Scafell Pike, Britain’s highest mountain, as well as its 70 acres of gardens and woodlands, is reason enough to visit.
Add to this the castle with its’ many rooms including the Great Hall, the Dining Room and the wood-panelled Victorian Billiard Room and we have a spectacular day of discovery.
A highlight of the visit is the Hawk and Owl Centre and the magnificent falconry display; witness the silent flight of an owl, the speed of a falcon and the majestic eagle soar over the valley which has been granted UNESO World Heritage Status.
After a wonderful day rejoin the coach for the short journey back to the station, where we welcome you back on board the Northern Belle with a refreshing glass of champagne.
Later, you are served a sumptuous five-course dinner accompanied by half a bottle of wine as we wend our way home.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Visit to Muncaster Castle & Gardens , including coach transfers and admissions
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 3 Aug 2018||Chester Station||6:30||23:30|
|Fri 3 Aug 2018||Warrington Bank Quay Station||7:00||23:00|
|Fri 3 Aug 2018||Liverpool Lime Street Station||8:00||22:00|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.