Ironbridge & Blists Hill
Journey back into the evocative past aboard the Northern Belle luxury train. Today’s nostalgic day excursion is to Blists Hill Victorian Town, at the heart of Ironbridge Gorge.
The recreated town is one of the visitor attractions at Ironbridge, the “birthplace of industry”, beside the River Severn in Shropshire.
The day begins in effervescent style with a sparkling Bellini cocktail. Settle into your plush seat and admire the beautiful design details of your vintage train. Handcrafted marquetry, murals and mosaics conjure up the opulence of 1930s “Belle” trains.
A gastronomic brunch is served by your liveried steward, who will look after your every need throughout the journey. Marvel at the views through your picture window as the train makes its stately way to Shropshire.
Arriving in Telford you are escorted to a coach for the short journey to Blists Hill Victorian Town. Spend a delightful afternoon immersed in lifestyles more than 100 years old.
Return to the train after a fascinating visit and enjoy a champagne reception. Soon it is time for another fine dining experience. A lavish four-course dinner is served, complemented by our sommelier’s choice of wine.
Relax, unwind and discuss the day’s highlights with your travel companions. Take a walk through the other carriages to discover more of the spectacular design details that make this luxury train unique.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Visit to Blists Hill Victorian Town, including coach transfers, admission and free time to explore
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
BLISTS HILL VICTORIAN TOWN
Blists Hill Victorian Town recreates the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of yesteryear. You can change your money into pounds, shillings and pence and then spend them at the bakery, fish and chip shop or sweetshop. Find out about intriguing remedies at the pharmacy, try out the rides at the Victorian Fairground and peek inside cottages for a glimpse into Victorian homelife. Witness traditional skills in action, including printers, candle-makers and iron-founders, or dress up and have your portrait taken. This nostalgic town, peopled by costumed characters, is one of 10 award-winning museums in Ironbridge. Once described as “the most extraordinary district in the world”, it’s still an engaging, eye-opening destination today.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 10 Aug 2018||Cardiff Central Station||7:30||22:30|
|Fri 10 Aug 2018||Newport Station||8:00||23:00|
|Fri 10 Aug 2018||Bristol Temple Meads Station||8:30||23:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.