Your journey today takes you to the enchanting and compact city of Durham, "Land of the Prince Bishops" and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The adventure begins as you step aboard the elegant carriage and are escorted to your plush seat by an attentive steward. Your table is set with pristine white linen, bespoke silverware and sparkling glassware, ready for a fine dining experience.
A sparkling Bellini cocktail is served, followed by a three-course brunch. As you relax and enjoy the journey, take time to admire the exquisite details of your carriage, whose opulent furnishings and craftsmanship evoke the glamour of 1930s “Belle” trains.
On arrival in Durham our guides are on hand to help you explore this majestic city, whose charming cobbled streets, tumbling down to the scenic River Wear, are overlooked by the beautiful Romanesque cathedral and imposing castle. The cathedral is the finest and largest example of Norman architecture in Europe; for movie fans its medieval cloisters will be familiar from the first two Harry Potter films. As well as entrance into the Cathedral your tour includes the Museum & Heritage Centre, Durham Castle a boat trip on the River Wear.
After your afternoon’s sightseeing return to the train for a champagne reception on board and settle back into your seat.
The highlight of your journey home is a gastronomic four-course dinner, accompanied by our sommelier’s selection of wine. Savour each seasonal speciality as you reflect on the day’s discoveries with your companions.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Guided tour of Durham
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu
- Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Manchester Victoria Station||7:00||22:00|
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Huddersfield Station||7:30||21:30|
|Sat 4 Aug 2018||Leeds Station||8:30||20:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact email@example.com for group pricing.