Historic Bath at Leisure
Join the Northern Belle luxury train on a day excursion to the West Country and Britain’s best-preserved Georgian city.
A fine dining experience awaits in your beautiful carriage, evoking the glamour of the 1930s “Belle” trains. Each of the train’s seven carriages is named after a British castle or stately home and individually decorated.
Sit back and relax at your elegant table, which is set with bespoke china, sparkling glassware and immaculate linen. Liveried stewards will serve you a delicious Bellini brunch and take care of all your needs.
Upon arrival in Bath you will have the afternoon to explore at leisure. The station is located in the heart of the city and an easy stroll from many of the fine shops, cafes and attractions.
Return to the train after your afternoon of discovery and enjoy a champagne reception on board. Soon you can look forward to a gastronomic four-course dinner, served with our sommelier’s choice of wine.
Savour your dinner, chat with your travel companions and marvel at the ever-changing views on the homeward stretch. Perhaps take time to stroll through the other carriages, admiring the decorative flourishes that make this luxury train unique.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Free time to explore Bath
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Half a bottle of wine per person
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Sophisticated and genteel, Bath is loved for its honey-coloured Georgian buildings, its cosmopolitan restaurants and chic boutiques. Most notable are the well-preserved Roman baths from which the city gets its name. The place where Romans once bathed, chatted and conducted their business can be explored today in an illuminating museum. Further highlights include the 15th-century abbey, the historic Royal Crescent, and the Jane Austen Centre devoted to one of the city’s most illustrious former residents.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 18 May 2018||Liverpool Lime Street Station||6:30||23:30|
|Fri 18 May 2018||Warrington Bank Quay Station||7:00||23:00|
|Fri 18 May 2018||Crewe Station||7:45||22:15|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact email@example.com for group pricing.