Edinburgh Castle & The Royal Mile
Join the Northern Belle luxury train for a fascinating excursion to Scotland’s capital, including the magnificent Edinburgh Castle.
A fine dining experience awaits on the outward journey. Take your seat in the vintage carriage, which reflects the glamour of the 1930s “Belle” trains. Admire the intricate marquetry, plush fabrics and handcrafted murals.
Your liveried steward serves a delicious brunch, which is set with crisp white linen and bespoke china.
Sit back and relax on the journey to Scotland, admiring the ever-changing views through your picture window.
Arriving at Waverley Station you’ll set off on a guided coach trip through the city, arriving at the castle. Here you discover the fortress’s many features and exhibits, soaking up the panoramic views over the city. After your visit there is free time to explore the Royal Mile.
Return to the train for an effervescent champagne reception. The highlights continue on your journey home with a gastronomic four-course dinner, complemented by our sommelier’s choice of wine.
Enjoy your homeward journey in lavish comfort and trade stories with your companions. Take time to wander through the other carriages, spotting the wonderful design touches that make this train unique.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Guided coach transfers
- Visit to Edinburgh Castle, including guided coach transfers and admission
- Free time on the Royal Mile
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheeseboard, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Perched on a rocky crag at the top of the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle is one of the world’s most popular visitor attractions. Marvel at Scotland’s Crown Jewels; the Stone of Destiny, on which Scottish kings were enthroned for centuries, and the remarkable hammerbeam roof of the Great Hall. The Royal Mile, which is made up of four connecting streets, is peppered with engaging attractions, from beautiful St Giles’ Cathedral to The Scotch Whisky Experience.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Fri 6 Jul 2018||Birmingham International||5:30||23:30|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact email@example.com for group pricing.