Brief Encounter Afternoon Tea
Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea with a difference-aboard the sumptuous carriages of the Belmond Northern Belle. Today's journey takes you on a circular tour through Britain's landscapes while you relax in the splendid carriages that recreate the glamour and grace of yesteryear.
This unique experience begins as your steward welcomes you on board and brings you a glass of sparkling wine in your comfortable seat. The elegant table, laid with starched tablecloths, uniquely branded silverware and highly polished glasses, complements the luxurious carriage beautifully.
Soon the treats are served: a delicious selection of finger sandwiches, homemade cakes and pastries, freshly baked scones with lashings of clotted cream and preserves, as well as tea or coffee. Indulge as you enjoy the convivial atmosphere and admire the views from your window.
Our journey includes a stop at Carnforth station; restored to its 1940's glory and the setting for the iconic film Brief Encounter. Visit the heritage centre, have a dance on the platform accompanied by our house band, share a kiss under the famous station clock or stay onboard and enjoy all the fun from the comfort of your armchair.
After our very own Brief Encounter at one of Lancashire's most picturesque stations our journey and gastronomic feast continues. This truly is an experience to remember forever.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome Sparkling Wine reception on board
- Classic Afternoon Tea
- Short stop at Carnforth station approximately 20-30minutes
- Strolling musician
- Table magician
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Sun 22 Jul 2018||Manchester Victoria Station||12:00||17:00|
|Sun 22 Jul 2018||Liverpool Lime Street Station||13:00||18:00|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.