Alnwick Castle & Gardens, Northumberland
Join the Northern Belle luxury train for an enchanting excursion to Alnwick Castle, the family estate of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland.
The journey begins with a fine dining experience as brunch is served at your elegant table. Pristine white linen, bespoke china and sparkling glassware set the scene for the gastronomic delights to come.
Admire the design details of your vintage carriage, which evokes the glamorous “Belle” trains of the 1930s. Sit back and relax as liveried stewards take care of all your needs. Marvel at the beautiful scenery through your picture window as the train makes its stately way to the North East.
On arrival in Alnwick you are escorted by coach to the castle for a guided tour, followed by time at leisure to explore.
Afterwards you are welcomed back on board with a effervescent champagne reception. Chat about the highlights of your day over a delectable four-course dinner, served with our sommelier’s choice of wine.
Perhaps take a stroll through the other carriages spotting the beautiful design touches. Handcrafted mosaics and murals make each carriage truly unique.
- Round-trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Visit to Alnwick Castle, including coach transfers, admission and tour
- Champagne reception back on board
- Sumptuous four-course dinner: British seasonal table d’hôte menu including Great British cheese board, biscuits and chutneys
- Bottle of wine per couple
- Coffee, tea and petits fours
The second largest inhabited castle in England, Alnwick Castle is famed for its magnificent State Rooms, library and Renaissance drawing room. An impressive art collection features masterpieces by the likes of Canaletto and Van Dyck. A favourite of filmmakers, the castle starred as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies and as Brancaster Castle in a Downton Abbey Christmas special. The inspiring gardens include one of the world’s largest treehouses, a Grand Cascade and The Poison Garden.
Showing Results for 2 passengers
|Sat 9 Jun 2018||Manchester Victoria Station||8:30||21:30|
|Sat 9 Jun 2018||Wakefield Westgate||9:30||20:30|
|Sat 9 Jun 2018||Leeds Station||10:00||20:00|
- All timings shown on this website are for your guidance only—a confirmed schedule will be supplied with your travel documents
- Please ensure you bring your travel documents on the day of your journey
- If booking up to eight (8) weeks prior to departure, a non-refundable 15% deposit is required to secure your seats
- Payment is required in full if you are booking within eight (8) weeks of travel
- Full payment and cancellation details can be found in our Terms and Conditions page >
Our Best Available rate is subject to availability at time of booking, it is not applicable for parties of 12 or more. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing.